Free On-Site Consultations
SF Environment provides free on-site consultations to property managers to determine how to improve participation and reduce trash costs. Contact SF Environment at (415) 890-3669 to schedule a consultation.
- What Goes Where? How to Recycle and Compost
- Order Recycling and Composting Services
- SF Zero Waste Lease Addendum
Notify tenants of new programs.
- Print and distribute the Letter for Tenants about the Mandatory Recycling and Composting Ordinance.
- Print and post the Composting Program Announcement Poster.
- Print and post the Apartment Trash Chute Poster so tenants only put trash in trash chutes. Recyclables and compostables belong in bins located elsewhere.
Setting Up For Success
- Clearly label bins with Recycling, Composting, and Landfill Signs.
- Order free 2-gallon kitchen compost pails for your tenants.
- Post tips for collecting compostables in common areas.
Handling Bulky Items and Toxic Materials
How can I start composting in my kitchen?
How do I know if a utensil, cup, or plate is compostable in San Francisco?
How do I stop unwanted handbills on my property?
How do I recycle specialty gift wrap like tissue paper or shiny wrapping paper?