Healthy Nail Salon Program
What is San Francisco’s Healthy Nail Salon Program?
To protect the health of nail salon technicians and customers, San Francisco adopted legislation to create a recognition program to help nail salons implement safer practices and highlight them for their efforts.
SF Environment has designed the Healthy Nail Salon program which recognizes nail salons in San Francisco that are implementing safer practices and products to protect the health of salon staff, the health of customers and the environment.
Where can I find a Healthy Nail Salon in San Francisco?
The following nail salons are recognized by the City as Healthy Nail Salons:
View Healthy Nail Salons in a larger map
Are you a Nail Salon Owner?
Join San Francisco’s free Healthy Nail Salon Program and we can help your salon become recognized as a Healthy Nail Salon! Using safer products and practices will help protect your health and create a safer environment for your clients.
Become Recognized – Participating Is Easy!
SF Environment will help you with training and promotion.
- Train your staff in safer practices
- Guide your salon in choosing safer products
- Promote your salon as a Healthy Nail Salon
Benefits of Joining
SF Environment will help you promote your business once qualified.
- Attract more clients
- Enhance the health and well being of your staff
- Create a safer environment in the salon for your clients
- Reduce indoor odors
Join Now! It’s as Easy as 1-2-3
- Submit a registration form.
- Attend a free workshop by SF Environment
- Follow the guidelines, submit an application, become recognized after a final site visit!
Avoid Harmful Products
We have created easy guidelines to help you purchase safer products for your salon.
- Polishes and Lacquers without Toluene, Dibutyl phthalate, Formaldehyde
- Nail Polish Thinners without Toluene, Methyl ethyl ketone (MEK)
- Nail Polish Removers without Ethyl or butyl acetate
- Artificial Nails without Methyl methacrylate
To join or for questions call: 415-355-3700 (English), 415-562-5516 (Vietnamese).
San Francisco is habitat for 800,000 people – meeting needs for space to work, play, and learn; for food, water, and air; for community with local flora and fauna. SF Environment provides support for urban agriculture and forestry and green buildings, helping residents and businesses harness environmental opportunities.