You are hereHome ›
Electric Vehicle Incentives
All levels of government have shown support for eectric vehicles (EVs) through financial and non-financial incentives, which will promote and encourage the adoption of EVs. This section identifies a few incentives currently in place.
- FREE Charging in San Francisco! City and County of San Francisco put a Mayoral Executive Directive in place to provide the public with free charging until end of 2013.
- Plug-In Hybrid and Zero Emission Light-Duty Vehicle Rebates: Rebates are available through the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) for the purchase or lease of qualified vehicles. Click here for more information.
- California’s High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Clean Air Stickers program: This program allowed low-emission and zero emission vehicles the opportunity to drive solo in the state’s carpool lanes. White Sticker Program for zero-emission vehicles provides the benefit of utilizing the high occupancy vehicle (HOV or carpool lanes) on California freeways has been a wonderful, low-cost incentive for California drivers. Look out for Green Clean Air Vehicle stickers coming January 2012. For more information please see California Clean Air Vehicles.
- Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Tax Credit: A tax credit is available for the cost of alternative fueling equipment and alternative fuels such as electricity for an EV. For further information on this tax credit please click here.
- Qualified Plug-In Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Tax Credit: A tax credit is available for the purchase of a new qualified plug-in electric drive motor and meets specified emission standards. The minimum credit amount is $2,500, and the credit may be up to $7,500. For more information please click here.
San Francisco is habitat for 800,000 people – meeting needs for space to work, play, and learn; for food, water, and air; for community with local flora and fauna. SF Environment provides support for urban agriculture and forestry and green buildings, helping residents and businesses harness environmental opportunities.