You are hereHome ›
Employment Resources for Environmental Jobs
Looking for a job in the environmental field? The following websites list career opportunities.
Jobs with the City and County
- SF Environment posts job descriptions, as well as other green job opportunities around the Bay Area.
- San Francisco Department of Human Resources lists all City and County of San Francisco jobs, including many green jobs at SF Environment, the Public Utilities Commission, the Recreation and Parks Department, the Public Health Department, and the Department of Public Works.
Jobs with the State and Federal Government
- The California State Personnel Board’s Online Employment Center and Gov Jobs list state and federal government jobs.
- The Golden Gate National Recreation Area offers jobs in San Francisco in wildlife management, horticulture, grounds maintenance, and education. These and other listings can also be found at the National Park Service, the Presidio Trust, and the Golden Gate Parks Conservancy.
- Clean Edge Jobs posts jobs in the cleantech sector.
- Business for Social Responsibility lists sustainability positions at companies that are incorporating green practices into their work.
- Craigslist often lists jobs in the environmental field in the biotech/science, customer service, nonprofit sector, skill/trade, and transport categories.
- Idealist and Opportunity Knocks post openings in the nonprofit sector and are both searchable for jobs in the environmental field.
- Green Jobs Network
- Grist Job Board
- TreeHugger Job Board
- Green Biz Jobs
- Sustain Lane
- Sustainable Business Green Dream Jobs
- Try searching for "environmental jobs" on job search engines.
San Francisco is habitat for 800,000 people – meeting needs for space to work, play, and learn; for food, water, and air; for community with local flora and fauna. SF Environment provides support for urban agriculture and forestry and green buildings, helping residents and businesses harness environmental opportunities.