You are hereHome ›
- Buildings & Environments
- Education & Equity
- Toxics & Health
- Zero Waste
- Climate Change
- electronics (TVs, computers and monitors, keyboards and peripherals)
- appliances (toaster ovens, blenders, etc.)
- furniture (couches, chairs)
- motor oil
- scrap metal
- paint (and paint thinner, varnish, spray adhesive)
- Tenants are entitled to one free pick-up per year.
- Property managers and owners are entitled to two free pick-ups per year.
- Additional pick-ups may be arranged at a low-cost.
- Visit RecyceWhere - find out how to get rid of specific items
- Locations where you can donate unwanted items.
Public Reuse and Recycling Area
- San Francisco residents can drop off household hazardous waste at Recology's Household Hazardous Materials Facility with proof of San Francisco residency.
- This facility is open Thursday through Saturday only from 8AM to 4PM. Find out more information on dropping off hazardous materials.
San Francisco is habitat for 800,000 people – meeting needs for space to work, play, and learn; for food, water, and air; for community with local flora and fauna. SF Environment provides support for urban agriculture and forestry and green buildings, helping residents and businesses harness environmental opportunities.