You are hereHome ›
The Commission on the Environment sets policy for the Department of the Environment and advises the mayor and Board of Supervisors on environmental matters. Appointed by the mayor, the seven-member commission develops policies and programs in recycling, toxics reduction, environmental justice, energy efficiency, commute alternatives, climate change, and the city's urban forest. Contact the Commission on the Environment for information on disability access and language access.
The commission meets at 5:00 PM on the fourth Tuesday of every other month (January, March, May, July, September, and November) at City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 416, unless otherwise noted. All meetings are open to the public.
Commission on the Environment 2015 Meeting Schedule >
Audio & Video
- Video/audio archives from televised Commission meetings (August 6, 2013 - present)
- Audio archives from non-televised meetings (July 27, 2010 - August 6, 2013, and November 12 Special Meeting)
- Audio Archives: (June 4 - present) from subcommittee Meetings
Past Meeting Minutes & Agendas
- San Francisco Department of the Environment Annual Reports
- Resolutions passed by the Commission on the Environment
- Commission Bylaws
- Statement of Incompatible Activities (SIA)
Environment Commission Subcommittees
The Commission on the Environment office is at 1455 Market Street, Suite 1200., San Francisco, CA 94103. Please bring photo identification to gain admittance to the office.
- Commission on the Environment meetings are held in Room 416 at San Francisco City Hall in the Civic Center Area.
- Committee meetings are held in room Room 421 at San Francisco City Hall.
City Hall is accessible to persons using wheelchairs and other assistive mobility devices. Ramps are available at the Grove, Van Ness and McAllister entrances.
- The closest accessible BART station is the Civic Center Station at United Nations Plaza and Market Street.
- Accessible MUNI lines serving this location are: #71 Haight/Noriega and the F Line to Market and Van Ness and the Metro Stations at Van Ness and Market and at Civic Center. For information about MUNI accessible services call (415) 923-6142.
- There is accessible curbside parking adjacent to City Hall on Grove Street and Van Ness Avenue and in the vicinity of the Veterans Building at 401 Van Ness Avenue adjacent to Davies Hall and the War Memorial Complex.
In order to assist the City's efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illnesses, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City accommodate these individuals. Individuals with chemical sensitivity or related disabilities should call the Mayor’s Office on Disability at (415) 554-6789 or (415) 554-6799 (TTY) for additional information.
The following services are available on request 72 hours prior to the meeting; except for Monday meetings, for which the deadline shall be 4:00 p.m. of the last business day of the preceding week:
- For American sign language interpreters or the use of a reader during a meeting, a sound enhancement system, and/or alternative formats of the agenda and minutes, please contact the Commission Affairs Manager at (415) 355-3709 to make arrangements for the accommodation. Late requests will be honored, if possible.
Language Assistance: To request an interpreter for a specific item during the meeting, please contact the Commission Affairs Manager by phone (415-355-3709) or by email at least 48 hours in advance of the hearing.
Notices for Environment Commission
Agendas & Meetings Minutes for Environment Commission
Members of Environment Commission
San Francisco is habitat for 800,000 people – meeting needs for space to work, play, and learn; for food, water, and air; for community with local flora and fauna. SF Environment provides support for urban agriculture and forestry and green buildings, helping residents and businesses harness environmental opportunities.