How often should I check my vehicle tire pressure to improve my gas mileage?
Check your vehicle tire pressure at least once a month to improve your gas mileage and maintain proper tire pressure.
- Are safer and last longer
- Improve gas mileage up to 3.3% for savings of up to $.10 per gallons
- Are better for the environment
- Cause uneven tire wear or even tire blow-out
- Reduce fuel efficiency
- Lead to more tailpipe emissions
San Francisco is habitat for 800,000 people – meeting needs for space to work, play, and learn; for food, water, and air; for community with local flora and fauna. SF Environment provides support for urban agriculture and forestry and green buildings, helping residents and businesses harness environmental opportunities.