You are hereHome ›
What We Do
SF Environment is dedicated to reducing the number of single-occupant vehicles getting to and from work in San Francisco. For commuters, we help you find ways to get to work and school that are faster, cheaper, and easier. For local businesses, we offer free assistance to establish programs that encourage employees to walk, bike, take transit or rideshare to work.
Programs We Offer:
- Commuter Benefits: We offer free, customized assistance for local businesses to establish a commuter benefits program for employees. Free services include a comprehensive employee transportation survey, analysis, and mapping to comply with the San Francisco Commuter Benefits Ordinance. For City and County of San Francisco employees, we administer the Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits program.
- Emergency Ride Home: Anyone who works in San Francisco is eligible to be reimbursed for their ride home if an emergency arises on a day they walked, biked, rode transit or shared a ride to work.
- Rideshare: We offer a free ridematching service to help you find carpools or vanpools heading towards the same destination.
Events and Consultations:
- Tabling: As part of our marketing and outreach services, SF Environment will participate in employee events—such as health, benefits, and transportation fairs—at your worksite. Events are a great way to promote commute alternatives to your employees and provide them an opportunity to directly meet and talk with our staff about their commute options.
- Consultations: Learn how to set up commuter benefits, emergency ride home or ridesharing through a one-on-one consultation with SFE staff. We can provide you with employee surveys, maps of employee residential clusters and a personalized rideshare webpage.
Learn more about our:
For more information, contact:
San Francisco Department of the Environment (SF Environment)
City & County of San Francisco
Phone: (415) 355-3727
Our programs are funded by:
San Francisco is habitat for 800,000 people – meeting needs for space to work, play, and learn; for food, water, and air; for community with local flora and fauna. SF Environment provides support for urban agriculture and forestry and green buildings, helping residents and businesses harness environmental opportunities.