Climate change affects people around the world, and has serious consequences for those in the Bay Area. Join us in protecting the health of our communities, our environment, and our city. Your actions make a difference: Sign up for clean power, ride public transit, compost and recycle, attend an event outdoors or a public meeting, engage with community and the environment around you.
- Buy only what you need, refuse what you don't.
- Share with neighbors, repair what's broken, and reuse what you can.
- Recycle and compost.
- Safely dispose of batteries, used medicine, light bulbs, and other household hazardous waste.
- Reduce your solo car trips.
- Make at least half your trips by taking public transit, ridesharing, biking, or walking.
- Choose to use renewable energy through CleanPowerSF.
- Make your next car purchase an electric vehicle.
- Make your home more energy efficient.
- Protect our urban green spaces.
- Grow the urban forest.
- Garden with native plants.
- Protect our local pollinators (birds, bees, butterflies and bats).
What is 0-50-100-Roots?
0-50-100-Roots is San Francisco’s climate action framework that will help us meet the challenge of climate change through innovative policies, programs, and partnerships.
The San Francisco Climate Action Strategy shows that it is possible to reduce the harmful emissions that cause climate change at a citywide scale. Individually, and as a community, we can respond. Working together, we can reach our greenhouse gas emission reduction goals by 2025.
Climate Milestones (1996-2016)
San Francisco's Climate Action Strategy (PDF)
Climate Plans & Reports - from San Francisco City Departments
SFClimateAction.org - 1-page overview
Calendar of Events & Meetings
Environmental Policy & Legislation