The Department of the Environment awards funding to non-profit organizations (registered with the IRS as 501(c)3 organizations) whose work in source reduction, reuse, recycling, composting and outreach helps San Francisco reach its environmental goals.
For 2017-2019 fiscal years, the Department will award:
- Up to $720,000 over fiscal years 2017-19 ($360,000/year) for projects that move the City closer to its Zero Waste goal. Please note that year two funding is contingent on Board of Supervisors approval of annual budget.
Up to $20,000 over two years to 1 (one) project to provide hands-on outdoor education focused on
environmental justice issues
Projects should exemplify Department values of Credibility, Innovation, Collaboration, Equity, and Impact.
Pre-application Conference (RSVP required):
Tuesday, February 28th, 2017, 11 AM
1455 Market St. 12th floor San Francisco, CA 94103
RSVP is required - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic proposal submissions due: 5:00 PM Friday March 24, 2017
Attachments and forms:
- Coversheet template (Attachment A)
- Workplan template (word) (Attachment B)
- Workplan template (excel) (Attachment B)
- Budget template (Attachment C)
- Required Proposal Elements
For more information: Contact Alexa Kielty at (415)355-3747 or email@example.com.