Reusuable items or e-waste maybe donated to a variety of local organizations
- Visit RecycleWhere to find out where to get rid of specific items
- Locations where you can donate unwanted items.
Bulky Item Collection
Property Managers and Owners
- Are entitled to 2 free pick-ups per year (must have a Recology account)
- If you live in an apartment building with 5-units and below OR in a single-family home, you are entitled to 2 free pick-ups per year.
- If you live in an aparment building with 6-units and more, you MAY be entitled to 1 free pick-up per year. Contact Recology at (415) 330-1300 for more information.
Acceptable items include:
- textiles (clothing, shoes, apparel)
- electronics (TVs, computers and monitors, keyboards and peripherals)
- appliances (toaster ovens, blenders, etc.)
- furniture (couches, chairs)
- motor oil
- scrap metal
- paint (and paint thinner, varnish, spray adhesive)
Contact Recology at (415) 330-1300 to schedule a pick-up. Residents must schedule a pick-up prior to placing items on the curbside. More pick-ups can be arranged at an additional cost.
Public Reuse and Recycling Area
San Francisco's public reuse and recycling area (the SF dump) is open to all city residents and businesses. Non-hazardous materials can be dropped off Monday to Friday from 7:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. It is illegal to put hazardous waste in any landfill, recycling, or composting bin.
- San Francisco residents can drop off household hazardous waste at Recology's Household Hazardous Materials Facility with proof of San Francisco residency.
- This facility is open Thursday through Saturday only from 8AM to 4PM. Find out more information on dropping off hazardous materials.