Reusing is one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to reach zero waste. Shop the Virtual Warehouse for free items before buying new. All surplus city-owned property must be submitted to the Virtual Warehouse, the City's online materials reuse system.
Submit items such as:
- Audio / Visual Equipment (projectors, projector parts), Fixures and converters
- Cables, Cords
- Computers, Computer parts, Keyboards, Wifi accessories, Routers, Storage., Computers
- Cubicle workstations
- File cabinets
- Office equipment
- Toner cartridges, Printers
- Paper, Binders, binder clips
- Hanging folders
- Manila envelopes
- Hole-punchers, tape dispensers, staplers
- Montor stands
These items may be broken, obsolete or used items in good condition.
- Used items in good condition will be posted to the online inventory for other city departments, schools, and non-profits to request and reuse.
- SF Environment will assist you in recycling broken or obselete items.
About the Virtual Warehouse
Since 2004, the Virtual Warehouse has redistributed and recycled over 900 tons of city-owned furniture, supplies, and equipment worth over $6 million. Reusing through the Virtual Warehouse saves money on purchasing, disposal costs, and supports San Francisco’s zero waste goal!