Asthma is a public health problem, especially among poor families. Many factors can contribute to asthma, including mold, dust, pests and certain cleaning products and pesticides. We strive to improve indoor air quality, reduce toxic chemical exposure and promote safer pest management programs.
Household products in your home, such as oven cleaner, insect spray, nail polish remover, paint, mothballs and houseplant insecticides, may contain toxic and/or hazardous substances. SF Environment provides training and educational workshops to reduce exposure to household toxics.
Mold & Mildew
Mold and mildew in the home can lead to a variety of health problems. Older, poorly insulated buildings are a magnet for them. Exposure to mold can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs, and can cause immediate or delayed allergic reactions or asthma attacks.