Express your love for your Valentine and the environment this year with these green tips!
- Treat yourself: Stop by one of San Francisco’s Healthy Nail Salons for a manicure or pedicure. San Francisco’s Healthy Nail Salons use safer products and practices that help protect the health of nail salon workers and clients.
- Take Your Love to Lunch: Have lunch in one of San Francisco’s Privately Owned Public Open Spaces. These plazas, terraces, atriums, and small parks are ideal for a midday date.
- Shop Green: Purchase a gift from one of San Francisco’s Green Businesses retail shops or Green Business restaurants. San Francisco’s Green Businesses comply with strict environmental standards to reduce waste, prevent pollution and conserve resources.
- Get Crafty: Make a card or gift from recycled or reclaimed materials. SCRAP has an array of materials that are perfect for the home-made, eco-friendly gift.
- Be a Conscious Cook: Make dinner with local food from one of San Francisco’s farmers markets. Buying flowers for your Valentine while you’re at the farmer’s market? To cut down on carbon emissions, consider purchasing a potted plant over fresh-cut flowers. If you opt for cut flowers, look for flowers that are organic or local.
- Go Vintage: Instead of purchasing new jewelry, consider opting for vintage jewelry from a local antique shop. Purchasing vintage jewelry doesn’t require the raw materials and carbon emissions that new jewelry does.
- Get Outside: Go on a walk or bike ride through one of San Francisco’s parks or open spaces. Don't have a bike? Rent one through Bay Area Bike Share!