You can reduce your exposure by choosing safer products and implementing safer practices. Exposure to toxic chemicals can be through air, water or the food we consume.
- Food: Choose organic produce and seafood containing low mercury content
- Cosmetics & Personal Care Products: Use fewer cosmetics & personal care products and buy products containing less chemicals
- Cleaning Products: Make your own safe cleaning products, or find resources to identify safer cleaning solutions
- Cleaning Practices: Routinely clean the dust from your house using a vacuum with a HEPA filter, to reduce exposure to fire retardant chemicals that are present in electronics and furniture
- Plastics: Limit the use of certain kinds of plastics – especially no. 5 and no. 7 (polycarbonate plastics)
- Limit the use of non-stick cookware that can contain a hormone-mimicking chemical called PFOA